Printer deployment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer deployment.

I am trying to use Printer Management to deploy printers in my domain. I have been following the excellent instructions at http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...indows-R2.html but have run into a problem.

I have three domain controllers. 2 are Server 2003 Standard SP2 and one is Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2. My print server is Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2.

I briefly had a Server 2008 R2 Standard Dc but it is now gone from the domain. ADSI edit reports my Schemaobject version as 47 which is Server 2008 R2.

I am able to successfully deploy the printers via GPO according to the Print Management console on the print server. However the printers do not deploy to my XP machines but do deploy to my single Windows 7 desktop.

When I open the Group Policy Object Editor MMC on and of my servers I do not see the Deployed Printers node. When I open gpedit.msc on my Windows 7 desktop I see the Deployed Printers node with my printers listed.

When I run RSOP on my Windows 7 station I do not see the printers being deployed anywhere.

I even tried installing Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions on one XP station and one of my DCs.

I think the problem is related to my domain schema being at 47 for Server 2008 R2 instead of 31 for Server 2003 R2 but I am not sure what to do.

Any ideas?

Re: Printer deployment.

UPDATE:

I installed the Group Policy Management console on my R2 print server. In the GPMC on the R2 print server I see the Deployed Printers extension with my printers listed, the Deployed Printers extension still does not appear on my non-R2 DCs.

They still do not show up on my XP machines in Printers and Faxes or in RSOP.

Comment

UPDATE:
      I installed the Print Server role on my R2 DC. Now when I open GPMC on the R2 DC I can see the deployed printers extension as well as my deployed printers. The printers do not show up on my XP machines even after running pushprinterconnections.exe, doing multiple gpupdates, and multiple restarts. Printer deployement does work on my single Windows 7 desktop.

Comment

Anyone have an idea?

Comment

Working...
        X