No announcement yet.

Password compliance check

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password compliance check

I need help. recently enabled password complexity on our AD with minimum of 7 char, will there be a way in which I could check users if they really change their password to meet with this new requirement?

I don't want to force them to right away change their password by making present password expire.

Re: Password compliance check

If you have enabled and linked a password policy, and you want to check complexity, it's simple:

Change your own password as if you were a user. If it's not complex, it will fail.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

thank you for your reply @tehcamel

What I want to know is how can I check if users followed the instructions to change their password.

Once you are happy the policy works (by changing your own password, for example) there are numerous scripts to get the date the password was last changed:
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Even easier to view the password information via ADUC:

I use this and displays the information you wish to know: when the password was last set, when it expires, the password policy...
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

thank you @blood and @ossian for your reply

i'll go with blood's reply