Problem with home directory access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with home directory access

I seem to be having a problem with user home directory. I've successfully been able to create an individual home directory for each user and it can be seen in My Computer when they are logged on and also have no problems getting into the folder but when they try to create or add folders they are presented with Access Denied. But when checking permissions, they have full control to their own folders.

Have I missed something in when creating the home directory?

I followed these instructions to create the home folders
    1. Create a Home folder on the server that will be used to store all of the user's home folders. To do so, use Windows Explorer, to create a folder on the hard disk. In this example, the folder is named Home.
    2. Share the Home folder with Full Control share permissions for the Everyone group. To do so, right-click the folder, click Properties, click the SharingShare this folder, and then click OK. tab, click
    3. Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
    4. Locate the user account for which you want to set up the home folder. By default, all users are in the Users container.
    5. Right-click the user account for which you want to specify a home folder, click Properties, click the Profile tab, click Connect, specify a drive letter, type a path in the To box, and then click OK. Note that you can use a network path, such as the following path, if you have already created the user's individual folder in the Home share \\server name\share name\folder name
      or a local path, such as: c:\users\folder name
      You can substitute %username% for the last subfolder in the path if you have not already created each individual user's folder in the Home share, such as: \\server name\share name\%username%
      The home folder is created (if you are using the %username% variable), and the permissions on the folder are set to Administrators Full Control and the individual user with Full Control.

Re: Problem with home directory access

check effective permissions on the home drive in question...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Options are grayed out in effective permissions.

Comment

What are the NTFS permissions set to on each indvidual users folder??

-Jason
        MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Each individual user has full control

Comment

Who's the OWNER?

Comment

Working...
            X