Mandatory Profile in Windows 2003 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Profile in Windows 2003 Server

Hello guys I created a mandatory profile but always the wallpaper is blue I'm trying to change it to a diffrent wallpaper under mandatory profile its not letting me do it.I already tried going back to roaming profile and setup a diffrent wallpaper and then put back to mandatory profile still my wallpaper is color blue.Anyone knows how to change default wallpaper of a mandatory profile,I would appreciate if someone can answer my post.Thank you guys.

Re: Mandatory Profile in Windows 2003 Server

How did you make the profile mandatory?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,I made first a roaming profile I follwed the steps I got from google search and I did it succesfully bcoz when I logged in to a user account its the same profile in my roaming profile folder then I followed steps in making it mandatory by changing the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man and everytime I logged to the user account its just a blue screen when you made some changes to the wallpaper then logged of and log back in it will go back to the same mandatory profile like the blue screen again.I would like to change the default wallpaper of my mandatory profile.Is that possible?

Comment

OK, that should be fine
        You weren't logged onto that profile at the time?
        You set the background up correctly first?

Is this on your server or on a client PC -- if so, which OS?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello,Yes I setup correctly the wallpaper first before making it mandatory profile but when I made it mandatory the default wallpaper is blue screen.Its on a Cleint PC and the OS is Windows XP,there must be a way to change the default wallpaper of a mandatory roaming profile .Thanks for helping me

Comment

Working...
          X