Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Site Links and adding new site

Hi.

I have become a new tech analyst at a company and going through the usual transition. Not much in the way of documentation exists unfortunately. From time to time, I get replies from the senior tech analyst but he is away on medical leave so the answers are not as fast I would need or like

So here we go:I have a parent site in AD and several sites are attached so we can get proper replication. I am in need of creating a new site and I do not quite have the confidence to just add it and select the Parent site as the site link.

Can anyone clarify if that is safe to do?

Thanks in advance.

--james

Re: AD Site Links and adding new site

that should be perfectly ok to do, provided that's where the new site sits logically and structurally

I mean.. if it makes more sense to link it to another site rather than the parent site (ie, bandwidth is more reliable, cheaper, quicker, etc) then do that....

AD should, normally, calculate it's own topologies for replication.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I ended just reviewing all the Site Links, Sites and Subnets. The part I was confused about in adding noth Sites and Site Links is which existing Sites or Site Links to add into the new one(s) I was about to create. I selected the parent site in both cases and that worked as I expected.

Thanks again.

Comment

no probs champ
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Just remember to add sites and subnets you need to be a member of the Enterprise Admins group.

Comment

Working...
          X