Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unaccessable boot device

Hi

I am getting error "unaccessable boot device with blue screen" when our Win 2000 Advanced server going to open .
    and same thing going on while i am doing safe mode and Last know good configuration.

When i see error logs from BIOS then it shows 8-9 times "AC power has been restored"

so, plz let us know what should i do to open Win 2000 Advanced which is installed on IBM Server.

Need quick response.

Re: Unaccessable boot device

the error numbers on the BSOD

But given the obvious age of the server, removing the drives/array and recovering data may be a very good option

Any recent System State backups and ERD disk to try a rebuild of the OS?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

But how can i take backup now?

Comment

You cannot -- that is why you make regular, frequent backups -- just in case!

Is it a single drive or a RAID array -- if RAID, what type and what controller?

Can you confirm you get part way through the OS load and that you have tried safe mode and LNG. For safe mode, what is the last message before the crash?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In safe mode as well i m getting message "inaccessable boot device".
          And system having two hard disk.
          i dont know even Whether they are using mirror or not.

Comment

Is there a hardware RAID controller?
            If yes, it will show you if the drives are mirrored

Whether they are or not, you should (with only 2 drives) have few problems with removing them, mounting them on another working computer and making a copy of them. Once you have safeguarded your data , you can look into repairing the installation, doing a fresh install (remembering that Windows 2000 is very near end of life) or upgrading to a more recent server OS
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

what error is it showing in blue screen?

Have you tried running chkdsk under recovering console ?

Sometime it may help..

Comment

Have you tried running diagnostic tools from a floppy/CD?

What make/model are we talking about here? We use Dell servers and you can download and run a diagnostic tool that will report on the health of the system and give you an idea (or their tech support guys an idea) of what the cause of the error is.
                A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                X