Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting two sites

greetings!

our main campus houses our win2k 2000 server, exchange server, dc, connected to the internet thru dsl. we have about 100 win2k pro clients (domain users) connected to the server

our annex have about 15 computers connected also to a separate win2k server, workgroup, connected to the internet thru dsl.

question 1: How can the users in our annex connect to the main campus?

question 2: How can they check their emails thu MS Outlook and participate in the Windows Messenger Service just like users in the main campus.

thanks

Re: connecting two sites

by the way, the main campus site has a dlink broadband vpn router connectd to the dsl modem. but no vpn is configured. the annex got no router. just ICS

Comment

well one way you could do it, is leave the work group in the anex location, join them all to the domain, add the users all to universal/global groups give them permission in both domains.

Comment

thanks!

can u give the details. i,m totally lost.

Comment

> can u give the details. i,m totally lost.

Me too

What's wrong with joining all machines in the annex to the domain at the main site? You might even consider to make the server in the annex a DC of the central domain.

Comment

What is the connection speed between your annex and the main campus?

Comment

sorry i did not inform you that the annex is about 2 km from the main campus. and there is no physiscal connection between the two. that is why the annex has its own dsl connection

Comment

What are the connection speeds that both sites have??

Comment

main campus is subscribed to a 1024/768 dsl line. the annex is 512/128 dsl line

Comment

anyone who can give me some basic idea on how to go about it. thanks

Comment

The VPN setup need to be use by installing firewall in each side. Please contact the company CSO or local integration service provider.

After you will have good routing beetwen the sites, you can install new DC (+GC+ DNS - in new Active Directory site) in the remote site.
                      Add the clients to the domain and install on then Outlook 2003.

Regards,

Yuval
                      Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
                      X