No announcement yet.

administrator.000 account in windows 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrator.000 account in windows 2003

Fololwing a free space issue, I was forced by windows 2003 to login to a temp account which it created.

After solving the free space issue, i still get loginned to administrator.000 account.

Desktop and other things i had does not show on this account.

How do I get back to my real Administrator's account ?

Does Working with this kind of account degrades the Server's speed and services ?

Please Help.

Last edited by askms; 31st March 2010, 07:55.

Re: administrator.000 account in windows 2003

You mean the profile is named "administrator.000" ?
    You could log on as a different account and delete that profile (computer properties -- advanced) plus delete the profile folder under C:\Documents and settings
    If there is an existing "administrator" profile, it may be picked up on next logon, otherwise move useful content to the new profile

Back up everything before deleting!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I see the account in "C:\Documents and Settings"

On the User Profiles (computer properties -- advanced) i have 2 administrator accounts. one new and one old. the old one is the one which i want to use (and was used).

Does staing with the current account can cause problems ?
      The server is used as an MSSQL server.

If that 'administrator' is the local administrator account (!!), Don't delete the new created profile folder! Leave it as it is now.
        Create an other account (whether or not an admin) for daily use, and preferences.

Automatic renaming of the accounts profile folder can sometimes happen after the network-role of the computer was changed.
        Or,, when the system was not able to dis-engage from the profile when you logoff. Then try to find out why that is/was happening, check the event logs for profile problems around the date that the new forder was created. And make sure that non of the profile folders are shared over the local network or over one peer2peer external community, or that some file(s) in these profile folders could be in-use by an application when logging-off.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Can't I just delete the new profile as Ossian suggested ?