No announcement yet.

Add remove program issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add remove program issue

Hi Friends

We are facing an issue with Windows server 2003 Ent Sp2 edition. My problem is we are unable to view add removes items under the control panel. We can't get any error and screen nothing to display. We have tried to regsiter the required components but no luck, issue is still please help.

Re: Add remove program issue

If registering the programs did not help and you need to access the programs, how about installing something like CCleaner? The tools section includes 'Uninstall' and lists the programs that you would see in Add/Remove Programs.

A quick work-around until the problem is resolved.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Try the Experts-Exchange link (3rd one down) here:
      (Note that I cannot link directly as membership would then be required -- scroll down past the ads to get to the useful content
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Can you provide some more info on this prob started after altering some changes or something on the server? Have you tried SFC scan? Can you provide screenshot..

if you directly try to access the add/remove program i.e. run->appwiz.cpl is it giving the same problem?

You can use the microsoft utility called "Windows installer Cleanup utility" in place of add/remove program if nothing is working out.