Weird User Profile Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird User Profile Issue

I am having a hard time trying to figure out this problem. We have Windows 2003 running AD/Exchange, and all client computers on XP. There is no roaming profiles setup.

One user is unable to see all colors in either viewing web pages in IE or Firefox or in any programs such as Excel. I logged in as a different user on that computer and everything works perfect.

Would the user profile be corrupted? If so, how would I go about repairing it and not loosing any settings and files the user profile contains?

Thanks, I hope this made sense.

Re: Weird User Profile Issue

Problem solved.

Comment

For the benefit of future readers, and in the sharing spirit of this site, would you care to give us a few more details?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For sure. sorry for not saying it in my last post.

What had happened is the user profile got corrupt. So what I did was backup the profile using another account of course. I then deleted the profile, logged back in on the user in question to create the profile again and then copied the backed up data to the new user profile.

Comment

Thanks for the info
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X