No announcement yet.

FTP Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Issue

Hi ,

We are running Windows 2k3 Enterprise Edition and IIS 6.0 is installed. Now we are using FTP for a local Intranut file sharing and uploading.
    Now i have created one FTP site from IIS FTP configuration. I am able to create and delete the folder from IIS- ftp sites- tight click --new folder --del folder..with no error.

Now if i am trying to do this fro any of my client system , i am getting error 550 Access Denied. I have tried with both Anonuyms and make it diable and use AD Integrated Account. still i am getting the same error.

What can be done in this case. Do i need to create a specific FTP account or need to create a GP. Please Help ...

Re: FTP Issue

Is this the server running ISA that you mentioned in a previous thread? If so ISA disallows FTP upload by default. To fix this right click the rule that allows internal clients access to Localhost and select configure FTP. You should be able to change the setting there.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: FTP Issue

check your ntfs permissions on the actual folder being used with IIS.

there should also be a "enable write" option, or similar, in IIS for the ftp instance.
      see this image on this page

(i no longer have servers I can just jump onto and get locations of things from)
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point