X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active directory (2003) replication

Hi.
    I have the following situation.
    1 forest + 3 domain controllers (all with external ip-s) (replication works)
    Recently in one site we had to switch to another provider and we setup gre tunnel. AD srv in that location received an internal ip and an external ip (on the gw side) and we setup ip redirection to that domain controller.
    The problem is that after setting this replication does not work so well / (at all)
    From the location behind gw if i run dcdiag it says that replication works but fsmocheck fails (dcgetdcname). From the external location replication to the internal location doesn't work(because it can't find the dc on internal ip). I tried to add records in dns to point the srv in that location(with external ip) but they are remove automatically after a period of time(scavenging is not enabled)

Re: Active directory (2003) replication

Has the internal IP range of the site changed? If so you will need to reconfigure AD Sites and Services to reflect this. It's also worth installing the 2003 Support Tools if you haven't already, replmon is very helpful for troubleshooting replication issues.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Active directory (2003) replication

Originally posted by costexx View Post
      Hi.
      The problem is that after setting this replication does not work so well / (at all)
      From the location behind gw if i run dcdiag it says that replication works but fsmocheck fails (dcgetdcname). From the external location replication to the internal location doesn't work(because it can't find the dc on internal ip). I tried to add records in dns to point the srv in that location(with external ip) but they are remove automatically after a period of time(scavenging is not enabled)

Ok pal,

Check this firewall ports need to be opened for replication to work successful. Not sure how ur ip redirection works.

Try adding host entries don't use dns.

and ofcourse install support tools and use netdiag and dcdiag
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
      X