Periodic PPTP Server authentication issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periodic PPTP Server authentication issue

I have a Windows 2003 member server that is a RRAS server for our organization. It has been running fine for about over two years. Recently it developed an issue where it needs to be rebooted about once per week. Existing connected clients remain connected, but anybody new trying to connect gets an Error 691 (as if they have a bad username/password).

I used NETDOM to test the status of the communication between the RRAS server and a local DC, and this is fine. Recycling the RRAS service doesn't repair the problem. It only knocks out existing connections. At this point, my only recourse is to reboot.

Once I reboot the server, everyone can get right back in, and things are good for another week or so. Is there anything else I can check or do?

Re: Periodic PPTP Server authentication issue

Anything of interest in the event logs? What other roles does the server play?

How about restarting the Netlogon service?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Re: Periodic PPTP Server authentication issue

Thanks very much. I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X