Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 2003 terminal servers hang after live update

Hello,

We have a bunch of terminal servers that require a cold reboot whenever they receive Microsoft updates after patch tuesday. If the installed patche(s) require a reboot the server basically hangs during shutdown. Probably some service that hangs.

The other windows 2003 dc's and fileservers do not have this problem, they reboot correctly after a live update. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We have not been able to resolve this. Any help appreciated.

Re: win 2003 terminal servers hang after live update

Ouch, it's always a tough one! You could try to STOP all suspected services before updates and see if server reboots, if problem persists you might have hardware issues. If you really can't find a solution I recommand you reinstall the OS (I know, easier said than done in production env), if problem still persists I would think you have hardware (or driver) issues.

How old is the server? (what model?)

Comment

Anything in the Event Viewer?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, however we have a few old HP's but also brand new DELL servers, basically all the TS's have this issue. Weird thing is only the terminal servers have this problem. Will keep an eye on the event viewer as soon as the next patch tuesday arrives.

Comment

Working...
        X