Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB drivers needed to install SATA/SCSI drivers w/fresh 2k3 install

Hello,
    I need to re-install server 2003 on a Dell SC430 machine. The server does not have a floppy drive and I do not have the OEM discs, I was given the server from a friend who shut his company down. I am aware that if I provide certain information about the USB ports on the front of the machine into a specific file within the i386 directory I can gain access to the USB port in order to use the USB thumb drive and then load the drivers necessary for the hard drives to be recognized. I am also aware that I can simply add the driver information to a certain file and the drivers to a folder and have the Installation process install it as it install all the SATA/SCSI drivers.

My problem is I am not 100% where to add these files and what to put into <unknown named file> that would allow both features to work. I have scoured the internet and although some answers are given, they are vague at best. If you know of the source to get this info that's great, or if you add Step by step info for a 6 year old that's great too. I'm not 6, I just haven't fooled with this stuff in so long that I feel 6 when tackling this stuff.

Thank you
    Aaron

Re: USB drivers needed to install SATA/SCSI drivers w/fresh 2k3 install

Use a program called nLite (Google it) and slipstream the SATA/SCSI drivers onto the Install CD. Very easy little app to use.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
    X