Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiskPart on VM Issue

Hi,

I am trying to extend a partition (not system) by 50GB using DISKPART on a virtual machine upon which I have extended the volume. I’m posting this in a normal 2003 area because I don’t think this is a VM issue.

The original volume was 128GB with 4 partitions, the new volume is 678GB and I can clearly see the 550GB drive space free.

Now under DISKPART I use:
    • LIST VOL to determine the volume I want to use, then select it using SELECT VOL.
    • LIST PAR to determine I am on the correct volume (verified against disk manager) and to select the partition to be extended.
    • I type EXTEND SIZE=51200 and I get the message, "The volume size you have selected is too large for the disk. Either select a disk with more free space, or specify a smaller volume. "

This is strange and the only reasoning I can come up with is that the disk has 4 partitions and the extending process tries to create a new drive which it can’t because 4 is the limit.

Unless of course DISKPART now works in GB (which I’m fairly sure is untrue, I’m sure it’s MB).

Any ideas?

Kyu
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: DiskPart on VM Issue

Oh ... I typed EXTEND SIZE=1 as well so it obviously isn't a lack of space

Kyu
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Comment

Working...
    X