• Show
Clear All

• Antivirus

we are looking for antivirous which would to best right now

any idea which i can choose our company

we need server base antivirous

thanks

Re: Antivirous

We use Symantec Endpoint here, it's not too bad.

Comment

Personally, McAfee or Kaspersky (Enterprise for both)
      I wouldnt touch any AV product in a yellow box with a bargepole!

But perhaps the OP can drop us a few hints about what he wants -- managed or unmanaged, how many servers, how many clients etc.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I use this http://www.microsoft.com/security_es...aspx?mkt=en-us

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaadalati View Post
          we are looking for antivirous which would to best right now

any idea which i can choose our company

we need server base antivirous

thanks
          I have extensive experience with both Kaspersky 6.0 (Admin Kit) and symantec endpoint protection manager.

I find the SEPM is easier to use and the support on the forums is truly amazing (outsources to india but do great work and very patient)

I find Kaspersky to be a bit more flexible but a tad more complicated, the UI is not as nicely organized as SEPM and doesn't always work as you expect. But once it's up and running it can be flexible (better managed control over your clients). The support on the forum is crap, several days for a shitty reply.

If I had to choose between them I would go with SEPM without looking back. You have no idea how important is a good support is for this kind of networked solutions.
          Last edited by toastman; 29th January 2010, 19:35.

Comment

That's what keeps Symantec afloat. If you take the time to submit a proper support case they do a great job resolving the issue.

ESET, a superior product in my opinion is offers garbage support. Every issue is met with "update to latest version" and "try to disable advanced heuristics" Beyond that you get ignored or the run-around.

Comment

Re: Antivirus

Please use the SEARCH feature of this Forum to seach for ANTIVIRUS.

This topic has been hammered to death several times and it is like asking what the best sports car is. (If anyone doesn't say Porche, then you are wrong!!)
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X