Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent Clients From Dis-joining A Domain

Hi,

I currently work for a company and after coming across a few machines that were disconnected from the domain, I came to understand that our clients are able to dis-join their workstations from the Domain. After testing this on a spare machine, I realized that any client is able to remove the workstation from the domain using any account, even if it does not exist. I did some searching on Google to see what people are saying, and whether they have come across this issue. After reading a few posts, there does not seem to be a way to prevent this, but there have been posts that provide a way to make it harder for the clients to access this option. I was wondering what the best way to prevent or hide this option from the clients would be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Persaud

Re: Prevent Clients From Dis-joining A Domain

make sure they don't have local administrator permissions?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but the issue is that anyone that logs under the domain is able to do this. The clients don't have local administrative permissions, but they have access to install software if it is needed.

Thanks,

Ryan Persaud

Comment

Set a GPO so they can't access System Properties.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

@ biggles77,

I thought about doing that, but the only concern I had with that is how it would affect our Techs if they need to disjoin the PC to do some testing. If this does affect them, what other ways could they get around that.

Thanks,

Ryan Persaud

Comment

Originally posted by RyanPersaud View Post
            @ biggles77,

I thought about doing that, but the only concern I had with that is how it would affect our Techs if they need to disjoin the PC to do some testing. If this does affect them, what other ways could they get around that.

Thanks,

Ryan Persaud
            Best practice is that your techs have 2 seperate accounts, one for normal use and an administrative account that they only use when required. At the very least if your techs do use one account only then they should be in a seperate OU from normal users anyway, as they have different requirements. Thus the GPO would not apply to them.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X