Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win2003 Std R2 SP2 + Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 stuck on "Applying Computer Settings"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2003 Std R2 SP2 + Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 stuck on "Applying Computer Settings"

Hi All,

I'm now struggling with my Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (RU 3) box which also serving as DC + GC (5 FSMO role all in one). This is not SBS 2003, it is on Standard Edition which comes with the Dell 2950 Server.

It always stuck on the "Applying Computer Settings..." therefore i have to reset the server several times, any idea to help me login (apart from the safe mode) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

At the moment I am able to login under safe mode but the Exchange Server 2007 cannot serve Outlook 2007 Client.

after looong time it finally able to get into the logon window, there is one problem though still remains, that is
    I can ping to outside world and check email from local OWA interactively, but this Server is not ping-able ?
    Last edited by Albertwt; 26th January 2010, 07:16.

Re: Win2003 Std R2 SP2 + Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 stuck on "Applying Computer Settin

I manage to disable the "Network Location Awareness" service.

and so far the server is now ping-able and TCP traffic can go both ways (including email).

but strangely this problem occured after I restarted the server as always, therefore if I'm stuck again I'll have to force reset and hope that this problem pass away (>_<)"

Comment

Re: Win2003 Std R2 SP2 + Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 stuck on &quot;Applying Computer Settin

This is a WINDOWS issue, nothing to do with Exchange. Therefore I have moved it to the Windows 2003 Server forum.

Simon
      Exchange Forum Moderator.
      --
      Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
      More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
      Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
      In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Re: Win2003 Std R2 SP2 + Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 stuck on &quot;Applying Computer Settin

Is the server pointing to itself for DNS??

What AV software are you using??

Usually these issues are DNS related.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Is the server pointing to itself for DNS??

What AV software are you using??

Usually these issues are DNS related.
          Thanks for the reply wullieb1,
          There is no AV or firewall on this server.
          ah, now you got me thinking about DNS Issue:

I've just succesfully demote my old DC let say DC1 and now all of the role is on DC2, but when I browse around the DNS entry I still found out the old DC trace in:

Forward Lookup Zones
          domain.com
          _msdcs
          dc
          _sites
          Default-First-Site-Name
          _tcp
          The example of the key entry type:
          _ldap
          _kerberos
          _sipinternaltls
          _kpasswd
          _gc
          pointing into the old dc1 address.domain.com

Comment

This server is a DC right??

It should be pointing to itself for resolution.

Remove any other DNS entries from the NIC unless you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              This server is a DC right??

It should be pointing to itself for resolution.

Remove any other DNS entries from the NIC unless you need them.
              Yes you're right so i shall remove it manually then form the DNS server.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X