Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 licensing information

I need some info on licensing

I have one SBS2003 Server with 25 CALís, one Windows 2003 file server, one Windows 2003 TS server with 25 TS Calís. There are 25 client PCís. Servers and clients are all in 1 domain.

Am I ok with these licences or do I need extra licences?

Do I need extra 25 CALís for the file server or is it ok because I have 25 CALís on the SBS server.
    Do I need extra 25 CALís for the TS server or is it ok because I have 25 CALís on the SBS server.

Thanks for your input

B

Re: Windows 2003 licensing information

Can you tell us do what kind of CAls do you have?
    User, device, Core?
    The chase is better than the catch

Comment

SBS 25 User CAL's
      TS 25 TS USER CAL's

Comment

In that case I think you should probably byu 25 more CALs for file server.
        For TS you dont need couse you already have 25 right?
        You should check with MS but I think user CALs are representing how many users can aproach to specific machines which, in this case is SBS.
        Or you can byu 25 device CALs and get it over with. Then no metter how many servers you have you dont need extra CALs as long as they are in one domain. This is NOT the case with TS, Exchange or SQL server. They need their own CALs.
        Again, this is very complicated story and you should check with MS. I called them couple of times and every time I got different answer. Finally I found solution from my reseller.
        The chase is better than the catch

Comment

I don't think you need anymore CALs for the file server. The SBS CALs should cover that.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X