No announcement yet.

Who Is logged On to the Domain Now

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is logged On to the Domain Now

Using Windows Server 2003 R2. I used to use ScriptLogic 6.5.2 in an NT4 domain. One of the things it did was show what users were logged onto the domain in real time, what time they logged on, what machine they were on etc, all in a simple GUI. ScriptLogic has no products now that can do this strictly on the server side, without installing on user's machines. I was hoping someone would know if there is a third party app that will do the equivalent in AD.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Re: Who Is logged On to the Domain Now

This script (which came from here
    strComputer = "."
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
        & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _ 
        & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") 
    Set colComputer = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
        ("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
    For Each objComputer in colComputer
        Wscript.Echo "User Name = " & objComputer.UserName _
            & VBNewLine & "Computer Name = " & objComputer.Name
    WScript.Echo objComputer.UserName
    will give u a list of who is logged on to what, using WMI. Of course, for strComputer, you'd need to list all computers in your domain, maybe using a single file you can put names in..

or you could extend the script out, and make it query a particular OU for computer names.. sure.. the way it's going to output the data above is messy and annoying, but hten, i'm not much of a scripter..

you could also try this and see if it fits your needs.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Who Is logged On to the Domain Now

Thanks for responding.

In the strComputer = "." line, what are the different computer names separated with? I used computername.domainname , one name works, >1 doesnt. I tried a comma.
      Last edited by vndic8; 16th January 2010, 01:48.