No announcement yet.

Help: user logged in as administrator!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: user logged in as administrator!

Weirdest thing I just discovered today. i have a user that shows logged in as an administrator and has admin privileges but is not in any administrator group! Has anybody seen this before or knows how to fix without deleting the user account? Using Windows server 2003 Standard. Thanks for any help.

btw, I found this out in Computer management in sessions when I happen to be looking at something else.

Re: Help: user logged in as administrator!

In sessions it tells you what Object / IP address the users is logged onto. Is it is possible a service is running using the account.

Also, I have to ask the obvious question... its not the account you used to logon is it???

Check Start>Run>tsadmin

Is ther any open sessions?
    MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Comment

No, no service is running. It's not an account I logged in with. I just monitored the user again this morning and when she logged in, she is in as administrator again. I don't know what to do other than delte her account and start a new one. I am not sure if I recreate the same user name it will pick her her email and all her settings again (folder permissions, etc.)

Comment

I had the user log into another computer and they don't show up as an administrator. I am going to go and delete the user profile and log her back in and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Well, that did it. For some reason her profile on her computer thought she was an Administrator. Of course I ran a file and transfer wizard befroe i deleted her profile. Once she logged back in, she no longer shown as administrator in the sessions folder. If anybody has some inout as to why this may have happened please let me know, so maybe in the future I can avoid this from happening again. Thanks.

Comment

Ask the user if she is required to enter a password when logging on to the terminal server - I suspect a Remote Desktop Session with saved settings, or default logon as administrator...
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X