File Permission Problem plz help....!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Permission Problem plz help....!

Hi everyone I'm having big issue now. I have shared one folder and everyone is allowed to access this folder But I want one of my employee should not access this folder but there is an excel file only this should be access by him, So how is it possible? When I disallow his username that should not access this folder then he also not able to access that file too even though I have set allow permission on that file and give him rights to write but he is not able. Please how could it possible? How can He access this file while keeping away disallowing him from that folder

Re: File Permission Problem plz help....!

Off the top of my head create a shortcut to the file on his desktop and set the relevant permissions on the file while leaving his name off the original share name.

I'd need to test this but i'm sure it would work.

Comment

In order to get to the file, he needs to get through the folder. Grant him the "Traverse Folder / Execute File" permission on the folder and then do as wullieb1 said and put a shortcut to the file on his desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        In order to get to the file, he needs to get through the folder. Grant him the "Traverse Folder / Execute File" permission on the folder and then do as wullieb1 said and put a shortcut to the file on his desktop.
        It is not necessary to grant them that permission.
        By default, users have the Bypass Traverse checking right, which will enable them to access the file even if they don't have permission on the parent folder (s).
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
          It is not necessary to grant them that permission.
          By default, users have the Bypass Traverse checking right, which will enable them to access the file even if they don't have permission on the parent folder (s).
          Unless the default inherited permissions have been removed and changed. If the Everyone and Authenticated Users groups have been removed from the NTFS permissions and the user does not have the Traverse Folder / Execute File permission on the folder then they're not getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            Unless the default inherited permissions have been removed and changed. If the Everyone and Authenticated Users groups have been removed from the NTFS permissions and the user does not have the Traverse Folder / Execute File permission on the folder then they're not getting in.
            You'll find that they will.

If a Windows account is granted the Bypass Traverse Checking user right, the account—or the process that acts on behalf of the account—is allowed to bypass certain security checks. Bypass Traverse Checking determines which users can traverse directory or file system folder trees even though they might not have permissions on the level of the traversed directory or file system folder hierarchy itself.
            http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...ser-right.html
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X