Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall programs

Hey

we have an application that we developed and the problem is that it is developed to be installed with a single user.
    meaning that if i installed it with user x user y will not see it in the add/remove programs.

is there a way i can expose these program uninstallaion to all users or mabye write a script?

thanks
    Dor Markovitch

Re: Uninstall programs

What does this have to do with Server 2000/2003? Is this software only meant to be installed on a server, or a desktop OS? Do you want to link this software to AD profiles, or only to local profiles?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

this is a software that was developed to java enviroment on win 2003 server.
      because previusly we havnt worked in a domain enviroment we didnt see the problem when the software is installed with other users beacuse everyone used administrator.

now i installed the program with my own user and the programers cant uninstalled it to get so fixes.

the software have nothing to do with AD or with user's profile.

the problem is that we cant do changes to the installetions without testing it in a testing enviroment and the software is now on the production enviroment and i wont give them my user.

i search the internet and i saw that i can see the full list in the registy:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

can i use the uninstall string value from there to uninstall this software with other users??

Comment

Back to the developers to tune the program to run under restricted user accounts.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Any reason why you can't create a specific account for the developers that would give them the appropriate permissions to install/uninstall the application but restrict them from other administrative tasks.

If it is still in development, what about a VM so they can have full control over the Server and if they screw it up it doesn't affect the rest of your network.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X