plz. help its urgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plz. help its urgent

hi i am gurdeep from india i have a server with windows 2000 server. when i start it works properly but after some time it can not not be accessible from lan
    if i want to acces the shere folder of this sever from different computer i recived this massage server is not accessible.or even i can not access any other comp. from this server
    Gurdeep Singh
    www dot viennasolutions dot com

Re: plz. help its urgent

Can you ping the server from another PC, ie a workstation?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yes ping command works properly from both side
      Gurdeep Singh

Comment

When you ping, did you use IP or NetBIOS name? Going to need more info from your side or this topic may become quite short.

Can you connect to the share using Server IP and share name?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

you missing details

do you work with wins ?
          are the server is AD ? + DNS ?
          if not do you get DNS error in the event id ?
          windows 2000 server + sp??
          1 DC or you have more then 1
          you try from win9x to connect the server ? or 2000/xp ?

in general i think you have problames with DNS ,WINS computer browser services see if you have event error in the server
          but i need more info
          Thanks
          Noam Greenberg
          If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

hi
            i am telling my problem in brief. i have one server and 20 client with2000 pro.
            and i workstation with 2000 server for internet sharing with NAT. it works properly for internet sharing all time but after sometime i can not access my share folder on it. ping command works succesfully with ip and comp. name but when i run this command \\server i recived this massage server is not accessible. from both side then i restart my COMP. and after restart it works fine but after some time problem is same
            Gurdeep Singh

Comment

Flush the DNS cache on the client - ipconfig /flushdns and then try pinging the machine again. If that still pings, it means DNS is still working at the client side.

If a reboot restores file sharing & access, check the event logs & hardware monitoring to see if the server is getting overloaded or maxed out. I had a file & print server getting hammered on the network and it sparodically fell over. Could still be pinged & respond to some network services, file & RDP services refused to connect. Rebooting it fixed the problem. I took off some of the services and migrated them to another box and it's been fine since

Comment

This problem may be due to the share going offline after a default time period. From memory this may be after 15 minutes. There is a topic on this board about it, shouldn't take long if you use the Search option.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Biggles,

do you mean
                  Code:
                  net config server /autodisconnect:-1
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Do you have any IP Security Policies Assigned?

Comment

I had this happen with a server of mine not too long ago.

Turns out it was a virus. I can't recall which virus was causing that, but the symptoms were the same:

When I boot, I could access the share \\servername
                      after a while, the share dropped offline, but the server responded to pings and other network requests. It would not let me log in remotely (through terminal service), but I could still log in locally.

Attempts to access the share said the server was unavailable.

I think Norton wipped the virus, but don't quote me on that. My other network guy was trying a couple of different things to kill the bug, and one of those may have cleaned it as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X