Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new DC and secondary DNS

We have a mixed environment:

1. Our headquarters has 2 DCs both running W2K8 (domain.com) and hosting our DNS
    2. Our remote site has 2 DCs (1 running W2K and 1 running W2K3) (domain2.local)
    the main DNS server is W2K3

The remote site is directly connected to our headquarters via MPLS
    The 2 DCs at our remote site are able to add a secondary DNS zone from our headquarters (domain.com)

Recently I added a new W2K server to our remote site because we are getting rid of the old W2K server due to hardware issues. I transfered all the roles from old DC to this new one. I am trying to add the secondary DNS zone (domain.com) to this new server but it won't let me.

it says: "The DNS server encountered an error while ateempting to load the zone. The transfer of zone data from the master server failed."

When I go to the DNS server in our headquarters and right click on the domain.com zone, then go to Name Servers tab and add a new server it says:
    "The server with this IP address is not authoritative for the required zone"

Please help!

Thanks,
    Ilya

Re: Adding new DC and secondary DNS

can anyone help??

Comment

See if that helps: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...73(WS.10).aspx
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

thanks for the reply. I have tried this.
        But when i get to this point:

Confirm that the secondary server is listed with the correct IP address. To correct the list, do one of the following:
        • If the secondary server is not in the list, click Add.
        • If the IP address of the secondary server is incorrect, click the server in the list, and then click Edit.

I get this error: "The server with this IP address is not authoritative for the required zone"

I am so confused.

Comment

Working...
        X