Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to Raise Domain controller to 2008 server

Folks

I have run adprep /forestprep and adprep domainprep by using server 2008 dvd in server 2003 server,

I can raise upto 2003 level after running adprep and domainprep.

there is no option of selecting server 2008 , can anybody tell me why i am not getting this option after running everything.

infact i read the forums discussion and followed the steps.

NO SUCCESS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW for what is the reason and where did i went wrong

Re: unable to Raise Domain controller to 2008 server

Is that after the migration is completed and from the 2008 box? Are you aware that you won't be able to use any DC running on 2003 anymore!
    Can you clarify what sort of migration are you doing? (In-place upgrade, Transitioning, etc)
    And a little more info about your existing setup. Is it just a single DC in place?
    Anything logged on the event viewer after running ADprep? Anything on the Adprep.log (System32\Debug\Adprep\Logs directory)
    Last edited by L4ndy; 21st December 2009, 14:48.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: unable to Raise Domain controller to 2008 server

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Is that after the migration is completed and from the 2008 box? Are you aware that you won't be able to use any DC running on 2003 anymore!
      Can you clarify what sort of migration are you doing? (In-place upgrade, Transitioning, etc)
      And a little more info about your existing setup. Is it just a single DC in place?
      Anything logged on the event viewer after running ADprep? Anything on the Adprep.log (System32\Debug\Adprep\Logs directory)
      my migration environment:

Single DC,
      I run adprep and domainprep in server 2003 sp2,Raised functional level to 2003 server, Installed Server 2008 (fresh) and joined to existing Domain 2003, and installed Run DCPROMO in server 2008 and installed as a Additional DC,

here I want to transfer Roles to server 2008, and I realised I raised existing 2003 to upto 2003 and says dc running it maximum level.

when i connect to server 2008, I am getting an error "RPC unavailable"

what should i do in this case where to troubleshoot to Transfer FSMO roles,..
      Last edited by sbsajjan; 21st December 2009, 22:59.

Comment

Working...
      X