No announcement yet.

Problem with browsing file from server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with browsing file from server

I have a big problem with browsing file from server,
    I am using windows server 2003 enterprise edition, I am using roaming profile more then 30 computers,

When we longing roaming profile, very slow to access files from server, we cant open same time much folders, if we open computer getting struck,

can you please give me solution for make fast roaming profile true accessing files

Re: Problem with browsing file from server

what have you done so far to investigate the problem ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

• I restart server still same
      • I check roaming profile, roaming also fine
      i don't no what i want to do please can you help me somebody

As much as it doesn't sound like a solution, get rid of roaming profiles.

If you need access to files on multiple computers, setup My Documents redirection instead. It's much more reliable and generally quicker to use. Roaming Profiles almost always corrupt over time and you can guarantee that someone will (despite your warnings) have a 10gb iTunes folder synching with the server every logon and logoff.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        Cruachan's Blog

You could try renaming the local profile on the workstation, then logging off and on again. May be local profile thats corrupt.....

C:\Document and Settings on the local Pc.

You cannot rename your own profile when logged on.

To be honest thats a long shot though.

There are many factors that are involved here; comms for instance.....?
          What speeds the network running at?
          Is disk Quota enabled? Could the user be maxed out?
          Whats Task Manager doing on the server and local Pc?
          Have you checked Event logs for errors DNS issues for example?

Also try this.....

Troubleshooting: Creating a Log File for User Profiles
          User profiles log events in the Application event log. To aid in troubleshooting, administrators can also create detailed log files by using the following procedure.

Do not edit the registry unless you have no alternative. The registry editor, regedit.exe, bypasses standard safeguards, allowing settings that can damage your system, or even require you to reinstall Windows. If you edit the registry, make sure to back it up first and see the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Registry Reference on the Windows Server 2003 Deployment Kit companion CD or at

To create a detailed log file for user profiles
          In the Run dialog box, type regedit, and then click OK.

Locate the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrentVersion\Winlogon.

Create a new entry named UserEnvDebugLevel of data type REG_DWORD, and set its value to 0x30002.

The log file is stored in this location: %windir%\Debug\Usermode\Userenv.log.

I would look at the Event Logs first of all and post any you are unsure of on the forum.
          Last edited by fergie; 21st December 2009, 12:28. Reason: Additional Troubleshooting advice.
          MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3