Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run program with administration rights

Hi,
    need an advice. I would like to run a program with administration rights under account with resctricted rights (Users). I don't want use Run as... , because this program will be used often by normal user and i don't want to tell him administrator password. And i don't want to make any script because of security. Is there any chance to do it?
    IT environment:
    1x 2003 win server
    50x win xp pro ( i need run this program only on 1 workstation)
    Thanx for your advice.

Re: Run program with administration rights

Hi there,

Just would like to verify few things from you i.e. is this application installed locally on the machine or this is installed on a server and user is trying to access this on network ???

Comment

A few other Runas alternatives you may consider:

CPAU from Joeware: http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/cpau/index.htm
      SUDO for windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sudowin/
      AutoIT : http://www.autoitscript.com/
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

2 Ivaibhavt: this application is installed locally and using it by user from AD.
        Last edited by chrenko; 18th December 2009, 11:50.

Comment

2 L4ndy: thanx for this links, about autoit script i have read, the password is not stored in cipher. i will have a look to others apps.

Comment

Last time I checked if you have used AutoIT to create an EXE you can encrypt the build so as to prevent it from being decompiled.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i have just tryied-out auto-it in v3, and it is working as i needed. i can execute this program under restricted account, and the security wasnt threatened.
              thanx for your help

Comment

Create a scheduled task that will launch the application. Disable the task so it won't be run on schedule. Set the task to be run with appropriate admin user account and supply the password. An ordinary user can launch the task, but is not able to change it without being prompted for password. Oh, and while you are on it, create a specific service admin account for the task. Do not use the default domain admin account for running the task.

-vP

Comment

great suggestion with the creating special account, i apllied it today in operation, before it i had the same idea, and i created special one. everything working well. for your imagination how script looks:

RunAs ( "user", "nameCOMPUTER", "password", 0, "c:\ProgramFiles\programXY\xy.exe")

its very easy and great. thanx fory your support and help

Comment

There is also another great little app called Runnas it allows you to use a token files that is encrypted so the user cannot see the admin password. The only drawback that I can find is you cant use the local admin password you must use and account that has local admin rights..

Comment

Working...
                    X