HTTPS Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTPS Connection

Am running SBS 2000 on a single server connected to the internet through a BT router with 5 clients running XP.
    A client is trying to connect to a HTTPS site through a third party app.This App applies a certificate to the connection. When the client attempts to connect an error message is returned 'Unable to contect to site'.
    I conntected the client up to the internet via a modem and it all worked fine. Has anyone any ideas what to try .

Have you forwarded the correct port through your router?? TCP443 i think it is

Comment

Can you browse to a Secure site using IE from the client while connected to your network and not dialed up ?

If you can, are you using ISA or some other form of proxy ? If so you will need to set this up in the "3rd party app".

topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thanks topper and wullieb1 for your reply.

Port 443 and 80 are set up
        I have opened all the ports for a quick test it still couldnít connect

I can browse to a secure site using IE from the client while connected to your network and not dialed up

IE is using a proxy (default created through SBS 2000)

The "3rd party app" is set to use the proxy for connection.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated

Comment

How does the client normally connect to the site??

As you have said you can connect via a modem to the site so i would say your setup is ok. Is the client internal as you may need to setup iis to listen on the correct IP for your site(If i remember correctly).

If they are using a router on there end then they will need to allow for HTTPS through there own router.

Comment

Install the FW client for ISA, goto \\server and it's in one of the default SBS shares, can't remember what it's called.

topper
            * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
            X