Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to RDP after rebooting Windows 2k3

Hi,

This is my first post. Here is my issue. Over the past year I have had several servers that I am not ablet remote to after a reboot. I need to reboot a 2nd time be for I can connect. The services on the server are running and I am able to ping it. If I connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard and it was working ok. Has anyone seen this.

Re: Unable to connect to RDP after rebooting Windows 2k3

I've seen this before. Sometime just browsing to the servers seems to fix it.

i.e. \\serververname

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I was able to use the unc but still not able to RDP.

Comment

If this happens after installing new Updates, Logon to the Server locally and that should fix this known issue.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

Are you facing this issue on only windows server 2003 with SP2 installed in it?

If yes then there are couple of steps you need to follow in. Let me know if this is true.

For an work around you may try to recreate an new RDP connection by going to Terminal Services Configuration management.

Comment

You can also query or reset the server's terminal sessions using qwinsta and rwinsta commands.

Comment

Working...
            X