Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't see more than 3gb memory although the PAE switch

Hey

i have win2k3 enterprise on two similar servers, but one of them cant see the 8 GB of ram i installed in it when i turn the computer on i can see that the bios recognize the 8 GB but the windows only recognise 3.25GB.

- i put the /pae switch in both servers.
    - i saw in the server that recognize the 8GB that in the control pannel -> system -> general ther is a note about phisical address extension but on the other server i cant see this note.

i will be glad for any help
    thanks,
    dor markovitch

Re: can't see more than 3gb memory although the PAE switch

32 bit or 64 bit OS?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is the hardware and BIOS the same on both servers?
      Check on the BIOS or manual to see if the If the server has a redundant memory feature or a memory mirroring feature enabled.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

the OS is 32bit

and the bios on both servers set to factory default

Comment

Are you sure you're running W2K3 Enterprise Edition on both? Have you double checked the /PAE switch in the boot.ini file? Have you rebooted the server since adding the /PAE switch?

Comment

i have done all of this

Comment

Hi,

Two things i wana know on the issue ----

1. Is there any hardware level PAE switch you need to enable. I read somewhere you may sometime need to enable this feature in BIOS or may at the hardware level.

2. If the memory is not detecatable on the OS level then it might be an issue with the OS itself. Try checking your OS . Enterprise support 32 GB but here the case is different.

Can have a look on this http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...AE/PAEdrv.mspx

Comment

Working...
              X