Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Syncronization

Hi,

I'm looking for reliable syncronization software for my FTP server.

In general, I would like our customers to upload files to FTP server (using plain Windows FTP server), and once the uploading completed - to move the file from the FTP root to some local file server. Did anyone done something similar before, and maybe knows some reliable solution (maybe even some FTP Server software which includes the sync option?) and can recommend it?

I tried one sync server soft, but his reliability was poor: each error stopped the whole sync process, and was suspended till my fellows call me to say that they not yet received files sent two days before.. and the notification system was not reliable as well, as many times I have not received its notifications..

Please suggest!

Re: FTP Syncronization

You could use Robocopy to do this. Robocopy includes the switches /Mon;n and /MOT:n that causes it to run at a specified period or when n changes have been detected

From the Robocopy documentation:
    /MON:n Monitors the source directory for changes, and runs again when n changes have been detected, and the minimum time interval specified by /MOT has elapsed.
    /MOT:n Monitors the source directory for changes, and runs again when a further n minutes have elapsed, and the minimum number of changes specified by /MON have been detected.

[Edit]
    Get it from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Last edited by Blood; 11th December 2009, 15:00. Reason: added download info
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks for your reply Blood.
      It looks too basic for me.. I'm looking for something more powerful (and GUI-preferable), that will include notification feature and proven as reliable with FTP server's files copying (which is known as problematic).

Comment

Ahh - I assumed your FTP server was hosted by a server in your network. However, for future reference, in case anyone wants to use this Robocopy comes with extensive documentation and there is a GUI front end available from here
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X