Group Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy

Hi. Help please. How can a restrict users to view their home folders or shared drives on other computers using group policy. Example. In Computer1 when the users logged in they can see their mapped drives and other shared folders but when they logged in to Computer2 they should not see their mapped drives and shared folders.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Group Policy

Why would you want that???

I don't know of anyway you could do that.

Comment

Seems a bit strange but I be Rems could whip up a script that would work possibly based on the machine name. If the User was on any workstation other than their own then no scripts and no Home Folder.

But to echo my learned friend:
      Originally posted by Wullie
      Why would you want that???
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi. This is for security purposes. The scenario is computer1 is located in room1 where they are working confidential files. all of their files are saved in a network drive. when the user logged in to computer2 located in room that user should not access that network drive.

Comment

What about a third party tools that password protects the folder/SHARE that contains the confidential files. http://www.sharewareconnection.com/t...ect-folder.htm

It won't stop them being accessed from Computer 2 but it does mean the user will have to enter a password to access them. Auditing can also be applied and if the user accesses the files from the wrong machine they will be found out and if it is in breach of the company IT policy they can be looking for a new job.

If the files are that confidential and security is paramount then money to purchase the appropriate application solution should not be an issue.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X