Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“No item match the current search” for Active Directory printer for some domain user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “No item match the current search” for Active Directory printer for some domain user

Hi
    I have got win22003 as an Active Directory.

There is a network printer Canon IR3300 installed on the server and shared (Shared as : Can_3300) and option “List in the in Directory” was enabled .

Under “Security” tab for the printer's properties “Everyone” group was chosen.

Similar to the below link

http://windowsitpro.com/Files/16/14540/listprtinad.gif

All domain users are using win XP Professional

For some domain users (I have one domain and one OU) when they want to install Canon IR3300 printer and perform search “Find the printer in the directory” they find it.

with other users they perform search “Find a printer in the directory” ,,,,message :

Code:
    No item match the current search
    The procedure that domain users are performing same as explained in the attached link

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/software/addprinter.htm

they have to connect to the printer by doing this Start then run then type in :\\workserver\Can_3300

Thanks
    Last edited by zillah; 8th December 2009, 15:11.

Re: “No item match the current search” for Active Directory printer for some domain

Server 2003 did have an issue with an underscore _ being used in the Domain Name. Suggest you try adding the SHARE name to Can-3300 and see if that changes things. (Use the same Port for the new SHARE name)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: “No item match the current search” for Active Directory printer for some domain

Suggest you try adding the SHARE name to Can-3300 and see if that changes things. (Use the same Port for the new SHARE name)
      Good shot and worth to try, but do u think if I log in remotley to the server now (via VPN) and change the shared name from Can_3300 to Can-3300 would that affect the domains users that already have the printer ( i.e. loose connection to the printer because name changed ) installed on their PCs ?

Comment

Originally posted by zillah View Post
        Good shot and worth to try, but do u think if I log in remotley to the server now (via VPN) and change the shared name from Can_3300 to Can-3300 would that affect the domains users that already have the printer ( i.e. loose connection to the printer because name changed ) installed on their PCs ?
        tested using SBS2003 and WinXPSP3

while printer was mapped, changed printer name from C240_BW to C240-BW.
        Confirmed I could still see and manage the printer on my workstation
        Changed name back
        confirmed it was still ok.

THat's not to say you shouldn't update your scripts to point to the printer
        And that's not to say that next time someone tries to logon and the script points to C240_BW it won't break..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks tehcamel for sharing your experience.

My second question

My client his employees are contractors means every few days he has new employees ,,,,,what I am doing now I have to assign a printer manually for those contractors ,,,,is there any way can a printer be assigned to a domain user (contractors) automatically rather than doing it manually ??

Thanks
          Last edited by zillah; 25th December 2009, 12:29.

Comment

Working...
          X