Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change virtual MAC address for NLB cluster

Greetings,

How can one change the virtual MAC address for an NLB cluster? I've read that the virtual MAC address value is tied to the virtual IP address that you specify. Well, I need to change the virtual MAC address to something entirely different. I've searched the Internets through and through but have come up with nothing...

As an experiment I tried changing the MAC address value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WLBS\Parameters but nothing happened, even after a server reboot.

Any ideas?

Re: Change virtual MAC address for NLB cluster

So have I stumped the experts?

I've searched all over for an answer to this question.

It seems to me that changing a NLB cluster virtual IP address should be possible (the IP address being 'virtual' and all that) but if it is in fact not possible...

Comment

Hello,

9 Years later your post led to the solution of my problem. I had this same issue, changed the MAC address entry in the registry as you've stated above, and, as I'm sure you experienced, the MAC did not change in the GUI. I was using a static ARP entry on my switch for the NLB IP, so I took a shot in the dark changing this static ARP entry to the new MAC. After clearing the ARP cache on my local machine, it pull the new MAC from my static switch entry to my local machine. So, as of now, the GUI does not properly represent the MAC address of my NLB IP but the registry does, and this is working on my network.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X