Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Location For Folder Redirection Issues

Hi Everyone,

We currently have a folder redirection gpo setup for all of our user's My Docs and Desktop folders. I am trying to change the location of all the redirects to a new server. First I tried physically moving some of the folders to the new location while at the same time changing the GPO to point to that new location but this failed miserably because the registry key was not being changed to the new location on the client. Then I read that you should just change the policy and the policy will move everything to the new location automatically. When I did this (tried it with a group of about 40 users) the root/container user folder gets created in the new location but only some users have all their files moved over to the new location. Also for some of the users a root user folder is created in the new location but it is either totally empty with no desktop or mydoc folders in it or only the desktop folder is created or only the mydocs folder is created both of which are totally empty.

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong?

I am using Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
    GPO settings:
    Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to the same location
    Create a folder for each user under the root path
    Move the contents of "folder" to the new location
    Redirect the folder back to the local userprofile location when policy is removed

Re: Change Location For Folder Redirection Issues

Is the Option Grant the users rights to the folder (or similar) selected?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Change Location For Folder Redirection Issues

Nope, "Grant the user exclusive rights" is unchecked.

Comment

Working...
      X