Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly promoted DC did not have any replicatino links created

Hi guys,

I have a situation where I have 1 parent domain and 2 child domains. Historically the parent domain was used only for naming purposes to get the desired DNS and AD domain name (dont ask me why!)

Child domain A has been joined to the forest for years and has been functioning fine. I upgraded an onlt NT4 domain and grouth it into the forest as child domain B. The first DC is up and running and replicates fine with the other AD domains. The other NT4 BDC's also receive replication fine as well.

When I built and promoted a second 2003 DC on the site it will be situated at, the dcpromo process works fine but when I check the event log it says:

Event ID: 1865
    The Knowledge Consistency Checker (KCC) was unable to form a complete spanning tree network topology. As a result, the following list of sites cannot be reached from the local site.

Followed by a list of all sites which have a DC for both child domains.

I've checked AD sites and services and the server object has been placed in the right site but no connection objects have been created. When I create them namually and try and replicate i get the message:

One or more of these Active Directory connections are between domain controlelrs in different sites. Active directory will attempt to replicate across these connections.

I dont understand why it tells me about this as it doesnt for any other connection objects for replications between site DC's. I've created test users to check replication does happen and it appears to be working.

2 Questions:

Can anyone tell me why this happens?
    Why didnt the DCPROMO process create the site connections for thi server?

Re: Newly promoted DC did not have any replicatino links created

Something strange has just happened. I went away for lunch and came back to a mass of KCC errors in the even log. Upon inspection of the server object in AD sites and services all the connection objects had disapeared!

anyone have any idea what is going on?

Comment

Have a look at this for troubleshooting KCC generated error:

http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archi...og-errors.aspx

There is also a link in there regarding event 1865.

What are the forest and domain functional levels? Higher functional levels do provide some improved KCC functions.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the response. I figured this out myself actually. It appears the site link was not created correctly. I re-created the site and site links and its working fine now.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Working...
        X