Adprep message 0x20 on W2K server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adprep message 0x20 on W2K server

I am running a Windows 2000 Server SP 4 (single DC). I updating the DC to Windows Server 2003 SR2. I ran the adprep /forestprep without any problems. I then ran adprep /domainprep and on the log file it created is showing several messages, below find some samples:

Adprep successfully made the LDAP connection to the local domain controller [my dc name].

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is (null).

LDAP API ldap_search_s() finished, return code is 0x0

Adprep successfully retrieved information from the local directory service.

Adprep successfully initialized global variables.
    [Status/Consequence]
    Adprep is continuing.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_add_s(). The entry to add is cn=DomainUpdates,cn=System,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.

LDAP API ldap_add_s() finished, return code is 0x44

Adprep attempted to create the directory service object cn=DomainUpdates,cn=System,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.
    [Status/Consequence]
    The object exists so Adprep did not attempt to rerun this operation but is continuing.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_add_s(). The entry to add is cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=System,DC=rov,DC =co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.

LDAP API ldap_add_s() finished, return code is 0x44

Adprep attempted to create the directory service object cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=System,DC=rov,DC =co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.
    [Status/Consequence]
    The object exists so Adprep did not attempt to rerun this operation but is continuing.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is cn=ab402345-d3c3-455d-9ff7-40268a1099b6,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sys tem,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.

LDAP API ldap_search_s() finished, return code is 0x20

Then at the very end I got the following message:

Adprep successfully set the Domain Update revision attribute to 8 on object CN=Windows2003Update,CN=DomainUpdates,CN=System,DC =rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.
    [Status/Consequence]
    Adprep updates the Domain Update revision attribute in order to mark the domain as prepared. Adprep is continuing and will now prepare the domain.

Adprep successfully updated the domain-wide information.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is cn=446f24ea-cfd5-4c52-8346-96e170bcb912,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sys tem,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.

Adprep verified the state of operation cn=446f24ea-cfd5-4c52-8346-96e170bcb912,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sys tem,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.
    [Status/Consequence]
    The operation has not run or is not currently running. It will be run next.

Adprep was about to call the following LDAP API. ldap_search_s(). The base entry to start the search is cn=51cba88b-99cf-4e16-bef2-c427b38d0767,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sys tem,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.

Adprep verified the state of operation cn=51cba88b-99cf-4e16-bef2-c427b38d0767,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sys tem,DC=rov,DC=co,DC=contra-costa,DC=ca,DC=us.
    [Status/Consequence]
    The operation has not run or is not currently running. It will be run next.

I feel that the command ran sucesfully but with so many
    0x0 and 0x20 messages how can I be sure? Thanks for your help!

Re: Adprep message 0x20 on W2K server

You can run Schupgr.exe command to check which schema version you have.
    For Windows 2003 R2 it should be 31. Then you are sure that it worked

bio..

Comment

Working...
    X