Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration of user to get updates from 2 different sources

Hi,
    I am working to provide a solution to a Wireless Internet provider company; they provide Wireless Internet services for different organizations and home users. The company has two (2) types of customers i.e. Business Users and Home Users; they want to implement Forefront Client Security on all their customers who are Home Users. To implement this I will deploy WSUS server and will configure it to provide only Forefront updates, then I will configure Home Users to get Forefront updates by editing register settings (since home users are not the part of Domain), this will enable users to get Forefront updates from WSUS of Internet Service provider company. But using this solution, Home users will not be able to get general Windows Updates.
    Is it possible that users can get Windows Update for Forefront from WSUS server and other Windows Updates from Internet?
    Regards

Re: Configuration of user to get updates from 2 different sources

Which OS?
    Vista and 7 give you the option to change from managed to unmanaged
    AFAIK it cant be done in XP
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X