No announcement yet.

Spywere, Virus or Server problem.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spywere, Virus or Server problem.

Hi all

in the start i though to post this in the Exchange folder, but i think it may be bigger problem than that so i post it over here...

after checking the Event viewer log , under Application i discover alot of Warning Messages (the yellow one), under "MSExchangeTransport".
    after close check i discover that they replay twice a minute !
    after another close check i find out that every min my exchange server sends mail to the following domains :

i have no ida what is it and how to disable it or find what the problem is!

any ida how can i get the buttom of things , find out what doing it.

btw, tun an "Antivirus" scan (u guess right, norton...) and found.... Nothing! Woa !

Have you had a look at this

i dont know if its ok to post this link... if not please delete it.

this site can test your exchange server for relay problems.
      i have never tested it but i heard from friends its a good test.

and you can always try to connect to your mail server from outsite your organisation with telnet and try to send a mail.
      MCSE 2000 Done
      RHCE Done

read the articale but didnt understend...

what it is really and y it happening ?!

is it someone inside the network ?

more domain keep poping up in the relay like

and now it gives me a warning :

The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue.

i think that was what made my exhange server get stuck twice a day so i needed to rebote it...

anyone have another ida ?

OK. Relaying is when you need to send a message to someone outside your organisation.

No it may not be someone in your organisation as someone can do it remotely.

What exactly is happening. Can you post a screenshot of the problem???

One of the first things i would do is to secure messages laeving the organisation so that only authenticated users can send mail. Exchange 2000 and i would imagine 2003 do this automatically.

Go to the mentioned website and run the relay test on your server.

this may be a lame question,

how can i capture a screenshot ?!

k got it, here is a screenshot with an open warning message...

10x 4 trying 2 help.
              Attached Files

Have a look on this website for hints

sorry for that question but have you tested to send mails outside your organisation? like sent a mail to a hotmail account or gmail... bla bla
                  and see if it Arrives? maybe its a DNS problem.

or have you checked at spamhouse or other sites to see if your exchange is on SBL and XBL lists? maybe your exchange is blocked?
                  MCSE 2000 Done
                  RHCE Done

all mail arrive after i do restart...

but few hours later it got stuck and out going mail dont work till i do restart.

then all over again, works for few hours and the stuck again and no outgoing mail...