Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003 domain rename

Hi all,
    my new task is to rename the company domain after new organizational change. Thank God single domain. I have looked at microsoft site and found some information. I have set up a test lab to try it first. Everything went ok but failed after I removed the old domain forward dns zone. I also have Exchange 2003 standard with SP1. I would like to know if anyone out there has done domain renaming and how they accomplish the task. I appreciate any your thoughts and inputs.

did you followed this one ? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Domain-Rename.html
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Thanks, I checked out the link above. Do you happen to know how to consolidate exchange server 2003? I have to move exchange server 2003 to a rack mountable hardware from old out of warranty tower server.

Comment

What exactly are you trying to consolidate?

Note: If this topic turns to the Exchange track, please post a new message in the Exchange forum and start a new thread)
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have a windows server 2003 std. with sp1 running Exchange 2003 std sp1. It's a tower unit. This unit is member of the domain. The task that I need to accomplish is to move exchange off of the tower to a 2U rack mountable server. So we can retire the tower pc and move exchange to dual proc server with Raid1 and raid 5 setup 2U server for fault tolerance that will be housed in the co-lo. I hope that is the answer you're looking for.

Comment

Ok, so why not just install Exchange on the new server, configure it properly, move all MBX to it, replicate all FPs to it, and then remove the old server?

How to remove the first Exchange 2000 Server computer from the site:
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

the article tells everything I need to do. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X