Domain Join permission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Join permission

I am having windows 2003 Environment . actually i need to delegate permission to one user Id to Add workstation to domain with least permission.

please help

Re: Domain Join permission

Check the default domain policy and/opr domain controllers policy

Computer Configuration /Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignment/Add workstations to domain

You can add that particular user there

bio..

Comment

Already added but no luck , can i delegate permission for joining to domain VIA DSA.msc > deleagte

Comment

You don't actually need to do anything, a normal user can join up to 10 machines to the domain. Bio's solution is ideal though if you will require more than 10 machines to be joined.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

You can only add up to 10 computers with that user right. Authenticated Users have got it by default.
          One way of doing it would be by giving them the Create Computer Objects permission on the Active Directory computers container.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

and I've also found if you're replacing an exisiting computer account you also need Delete Computer Objects as well as Create Computer Objects

Comment

I havn't found Delete Computer Objects as well as Create Computer Objects can you tell where we will be find ...

Comment

You'll find it in ADUC. In the Computers container R-click and then Properties and then Security Tab.
                You'll then need to go to the advanced options where you can find all the permission entries.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                X