X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profiles problem, an easy one

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me with this one

I want to set terminal profiles of all users to be saved on another server.
    This is my first question:

Do I need to change location of home directory as well? I changed location of profile, but not sure do I need to do the same with home directory??
    If I do, should I make some new share for them or do I put them in same place where profiles are shared??

My second question is a newbie one:

How to set share and security permissions so that the whole profile folder is invisible and the user have only access to their own shares??

Tnx for your assistance guys

Oh, and by the way, is there a way to do this somehow automatically, it takes some minutes to set up every single user manually??

Re: Profiles problem, an easy one

Sorry for double posting, but is it possible that no one knows??

Comment

No, but it is possible that in the 22 hours since your original post, people have been too busy (it was a work day for most of the world) to give a considered response. Also its possible that behaviour may be different between Server 2000 and Server 2003 -- since we don't actually know what OS you are running this may be important.

If you want an instant response, raise an incident with Microsoft (and have a credit card handy ). If you want help here, appreciate that all of us give up our free time to respond and do have other things to do as well.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        No, but it is possible that in the 22 hours since your original post, people have been too busy (it was a work day for most of the world) to give a considered response. Also its possible that behaviour may be different between Server 2000 and Server 2003 -- since we don't actually know what OS you are running this may be important.

If you want an instant response, raise an incident with Microsoft (and have a credit card handy ). If you want help here, appreciate that all of us give up our free time to respond and do have other things to do as well.

Ok, you are right, OS is SBS2003, but in mean time I already solved the problem, but in any case thx for putting things in perspective

Comment

Working...
        X