Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added another drive to my system, VSS took it over!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added another drive to my system, VSS took it over!

I added another SCSI drive (D to a 2003 Server just to copy some large files over. Low priority project, got sidetracked and the drive has been in there for a month or so. Now I go to pull the D: drive out and ship it out....only to see that VSS has taken it over! Not to mention there is no shadow copy data on the main drive where I really want it. I have Shadow Copies disabled on this extra drive but really want to move it back to the C: drive. I have tried restarting the VSS service with no luck.

Easy way to do that? Or should I just turn off the service, delete all the shadow copies, pull the drive and lose all my shadow copies?

Re: Added another drive to my system, VSS took it over!

Answered my own question with a better phased search.

For those that come across this, I had to disable Shadow Copies, change the settings to the correct drive and then enable them.

Not sure how or why it grabbed that new drive...but it did!

Comment

Re: Added another drive to my system, VSS took it over!

You beat me to it by answering your own question, I've had real problems in the past with a target server being replicated by DoubleTake Full Server Failover Manager having all of it's disk space taken by the VSS cache. It's always worth limiting the cache rather than letting Windows decide for you.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X