Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing and Security options

Hi,
    Inwindows server 2003 when we right click on a folder and click on "Sharing and Security" option under it we can again see two tab" Sharing"and " Secutity"

but If we right click on a folder and click on "Properties" then in it their is "Sharing" and Security" tabs.

Pleas let me know what is the difference if we choose the option "Sharing and Security" and apply security and if we right click on a folder and click on "Properties...>Security" Are these are same ? and it is on the user either to apply security by choosing "Sharing and Security" or by right clicking the properties option and choose "security"

In shaort ,I want to apply security on a folder please let me guide the proper way to to apply on it.Thanks in advance.

mypass

Re: Sharing and Security options

Either way is correct
    "Sharing and Security" just takes you to a particular tab, wheras "properties" takes you to the general tab

btw, which version of 2003 are you using -- I've just looked in R2 and see the same set of tabs regardless of which way you go in.

In general, apply loose share permissions (more than the default "everyone read") and tight security permissions
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Sharing and Security options

thanks fot the reply. Well i am using windows server 2003 R2 .

Comment

Working...
      X