No announcement yet.

W2K3 server hangs when booting...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K3 server hangs when booting...

Hi everyone,

I am dealing with a compaq proliant server with W2k3 in one of our departments. It has decided to go through all of the logging on processes except it hangs on "Loading computer settings".... I can boot into safe mode but the event viewer tells me nothing re: the error. I think it may be the scsi card??? Maybe the NIC???

Julie B.

I have seen this happen with the profile becomes corrupt. Login in Safe Mode, delete the profile and reboot. See if that fixes it.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

If its still doing this after deleting the profile boot with logging enabled and post the log.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

I wouldn't recommend deleting the profile, rename it first then delete once your happy all is ok.

Thanks, but are you talking about the user profile or hardware profile. I blew away the admin profile I was using and rebooted...still takes FOREVER to log in. As a matter of fact I left it booting after 45 minutes and went home. I hope it's up tomorrow morning when I get there. What would the profile have to do with a slow bootup anyway....any more suggestions.......

Could be a DNS problem. Does the server point to the correct DNS servers authoritative for the AD zones ?
            Guy Teverovsky
            "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

If your profile is corrupt it won't load properly and could hang your server.

Next port of call is to check your DNS Settings.

Is the server a DC??

Is your DNS Server on the same site as the server??

Does it point to the correct server for DNS resolution??

Try using netdiag /test:dns to test your DNS server.