Allow access for user to create shared folders on Domain Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow access for user to create shared folders on Domain Controller

Server 2003 R2 all patched to the latest level.

User is located on another child domain.

I need to allow the user access to create shared folders at a level below a specific folder.

Easiest way i can think of is to create a MMC with the Shared Folders snap-in restricted to view only shared folders.

This has been created but the user get Access Denied when trying to run it.

Now the user will need Full Control over the folder, which he already has via NTFS permissions but he cannot create the shared folders that he needs. The user CAN access the shared folder that he needs to.

As the system is a DC i cannot just add him to the Power Users group and voila job done. So does anyone have any ideas how i can give the user access to do this???

I was thining of creating a small script to do it for him as well.

Doesn't need to be using the method i was using above with a custom MMC.

Re: Allow access for user to create shared folders on Domain Controller

Will the user need to be configuring each folder as a separate share and setting permissions or is is just a case of creating folders with the route folder already the share?

Comment

Configuring each folder individually

Comment

hi,

If i am not getting wrong, you mean to say user can create folders under one shared foder that will be on Domain ......right ?

you please shared that folder on domain and add domainusers on the shared and NTFS permissions and give them full control on both the Shared as well as NTFS persmissions .

That will fix the issue and users will have the full rights on that shared folder and sub-folders on the domain.

thanks
        Vijay
        ________
        OPIATE REHAB DICUSSION
        Last edited by vsharma; 10th April 2011, 06:38.

Comment

Originally posted by vsharma View Post
          hi,

If i am not getting wrong, you mean to say user can create folders under one shared foder that will be on Domain ......right ?

you please shared that folder on domain and add domainusers on the shared and NTFS permissions and give them full control on both the Shared as well as NTFS persmissions .

That will fix the issue and users will have the full rights on that shared folder and sub-folders on the domain.

thanks
          Vijay
          The user can create the fodlers perfectly well but they cannot subsequently share that folder.

Comment

Working...
          X