Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS and creating a website

I know I am being stupid.

Have followed the instructions for creating a website. It shows in IIS, type the name of the server but it does not come up in browser. Have I missed some steps somewhere?

I put a htm page in the folder have called in default and tried index still no joy.

Im using 2003, have installed DNS and IIS, I am studying on one pc so the domain server is what Im working on.

What school boy error have i made?

Re: IIS and creating a website

Firewall???

Is the web service enabled??

Is the website listening on port 80???

Comment

What file extensions are you using?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Happi.Ocholloh View Post
        I know I am being stupid.

Have followed the instructions for creating a website. It shows in IIS, type the name of the server but it does not come up in browser. Have I missed some steps somewhere?

I put a htm page in the folder have called in default and tried index still no joy.

Im using 2003, have installed DNS and IIS, I am studying on one pc so the domain server is what Im working on.

What school boy error have i made?
        Can you browse it from IIS? If you cant look at your configuration in IIS. Check the obvious like the directory it sits in (inetpub is the default on C: ). Check permmisions, port, host headers, Ip address, Binding, permmisions etc. Even if no site is configured you should be able to see the default page with a basic IIS installation.

Comment

Working...
        X