Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the Tips and Trick! Need help networking Home and Pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the Tips and Trick! Need help networking Home and Pro?

Hey there, great resource you have in your knowledgebase. Thanks for that.

I recently bought a wonderful new Medion laptop (German company I hear). And have enjoyed your tips on customizing XP.

I have a Microsoft wireless router, my XP Pro desktop is lan connected to it, my XP Home laptop is wireless and lan connected (though I think the wireless becomes inactive when the lan is connected?). On the XP pro side I can see the laptop in the workgroup. But on the XP Home side I can not see into the workgroup. First of all I could see where to brouse the workgroup, and on a whim I typed 'Entire Network' into the explorer address bar, as this is a brousable item on the XP side. XP home did infact then open up the 'entire network' page and it has since staying in the 'my network places'. Cool, but strange.

Now I get this error on teh XP Home side.

Workgroup is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
    The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

So how do I make the list of workgroup computers available???

I can access them by IP address so I know the network is working. the IPs are DHCP from the router/switch/firewall/accesspoint thingy.

Thanks to any kind soul that can think of an answer.

g
    Better networking?
    0%
    Remote Access Server?
    0%
    Multiple CPUs?
    0%
    Encrypted file system?
    0%
    Inflated your ego?
    0%
Working...